How the PayPal payment flow works
Transactions going through PayPal follow a few steps, from accepting the request to the payment and reviews. Here's a complete description.The following steps occur in a paid transaction processed by PayPal in the Simplelots Marketplace:
- The seller posts a listing and defines a price for the product or service.
- The buyer opens the listing page, selects options (dates, shipping, quantity...), and clicks on the "Buy" button.
- On the following page, the buyer reviews the details of the purchase and clicks "Checkout with PayPal". Then buyers are directed to PayPal to complete the payment. If they don't complete the payment within 1 hour, the transaction attempt is closed.
- Once the payment is done, the buyer is taken to a page that displays the transaction details. They are told that the seller needs to accept the transaction before the money is transferred.
- The seller gets an email notification of a new transaction that needs to be accepted. If the transaction is not accepted within 3 days or before the end date (Whichever comes first), the transaction is canceled and no money is transferred. Once accepted, the money (minus PayPal's payment processing fee) is transferred to the seller's PayPal account. Both parties get a receipt of the transaction via email.
- On your plan's billing cycle, 30 days from signup we invoice the commission which is depending on your plan.
- Both users can then discuss freely to agree on details. When the order is completed (users have met, the product is delivered...), they can mark the order as completed
- Users can then review each other.